Inspired by the patchwork cushion covers being made by Lucy (Attic24) and a basket lining by Elizabeth (Mrs Thomasina Tittlemouse), I decided that this would also be the ideal first project for my new machine but since I didn't really have anything suitable in the way of stash or offcuts, an interesting search online soon provided something suitably jazzy and eye-catching with which to make my first simple patchwork cushion cover. I treated myself (and the squeaky clean Janome) to some lovely charms packs in the Salt Air pattern/colourway by Cosmo Cricket for Moda........and it was so exciting getting these in the post.
Then came the decision as to what would go where and after various permutations I ended up with this combination, including some pale coffee-coloured polka dot ribbon that I have never previously managed to find a use for!!
Then some careful pinning with nice new pins..........
........and then set to work with my lovely new sewing machine. It was wonderful!
Both sides were quite quickly put together, first in strips and then stitching the strips together to make each larger square. The decorative ribbon was added across the middle of both squares
Unfortunately I don't have any pics of inputting the zip but this turned out to be far easier than fitting one into clothing which is the only previous experience I have. Maybe it was easier to have learned with something more difficult!!
And so, the finished cushion!
To say I was pleased is an understatement really and I couldnt get the smile off my face for days!!!!