Sunday 29 April 2012

Craft your perfect day - 3KCBWWC 3KCBWDAY7

A perfect day of crafting, for me, would be something more general than just knitting and crochet but spent with my knitting group from work and any other like-minded craftspeople who cared to join us.

The day would be spent in in a puprose-built large wooden conservatory-type studio with stained glass windows and lots of skylights. Outside, a beautiful lake, or maybe a forest, or the beach. There would be a 2 Michelin star cafe (with the world's best Earl Grey tea) and bar area.


People would be free to come and go as they pleased throughout the day and there would be........
  • access to unlimited beautiful yarns, beads and fabrics
  • a whole wall of shelves containing reference material/reading with comfy chairs and sofas in which to relax, chat and try various crafts
  • felting and spinning demonstrations
  • lit display cabinets with gorgeous finished items for sale
  • inspiring images on the walls
  • video instruction/demonstration rooms - how to develop and adapt your ideas in knitting and crochet
  • a yarnbombing workshop
  • an option for music and inspirational lighting in the different rooms
  • the use of drawing and painting materials as well as photographic equipment with the digital means of manipulating images
  • e-Learning courses for a whole selection of various crafts, accessible online when you get back home.

I don't think that I would actually get very much done because I would be so busy drooling over yarn, beads, fabric, finished items for sale and reference books, as well as doing my best to sit in on most of the demonstrations. The Earl Grey would most definitely have to be checked out too.

If I ever dream about this place, I will let you know what it's like!!! :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This has been an excellent first Knitting and Crochet Blog Week for me and I have really enjoyed the days that in which I have been able to participate and the new blogs I have read - there's a lot of interesting and excellent work out there. 

Many thanks to Eskimimi Makes for all the organisation!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like your very own SQUAM! Isn't Earl Gray the best thing ever? It goes so well with knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just had to Google SQUAM as I didn't have a clue what you meant! Now I know, I can see what you mean - we don't have anything like that here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once this dreamboat venue opens, let me know and I will be queueing to get in! Am an addict of Earl Grey tea - drink gallons of the stuff - so we can keep Twinings in business I expect! Very impressed at your beautiful architects' style drawings - wish I could draw like that. Here's hoping someone will see them and call you tomorrow to say they want to go ahead and build and will you act as design consultant! E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be more than welcome E! I will email you when I get the call. Also, have added a red wine and olives bar!

      B x

      Delete
  4. Can I join you in this crafting haven please? Sounds idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course! Consider yourself joined! x

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, forgot to add that there would be a 'red wine and olives' bar! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm in, let's win the lottery and make our dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be brill?! We would have to work there too I suppose and be responsible for choosing all the lovely yarn and material and cake. Ha ha ha ha!!!

      B x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is great to get feedback!